Advertisements

Even Nelson Mandela Needs to Clean Out His Closet Once in a While

14 Sep

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.  ~Nelson Mandela

We are changing constantly – sometimes on the inside, sometimes on the outside. Your clothing should fit both your current lifestyle and your current body.

If you find yourself altered but your closet remains unchanged, do something about it!

Advertisements

9 Responses to “Even Nelson Mandela Needs to Clean Out His Closet Once in a While”

  1. bigsheepcommunications September 14, 2011 at 6:22 am #

    A good reminder – I probably only wear about 10% of what’s in my closet. You’d think every now and then I’d smack myself in the head and say, “duh, why don’t you get rid of the other 90% and give yourself more space?”

  2. Mindy September 14, 2011 at 8:38 am #

    Well said!

  3. TheBudgetMaven September 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

    You know I was just thinking I need to clean out my closet for the fall. I’m always complaining we don’t have enough hangers, but I don’t wear half the stuff hanging up in the closet anyway. Thanks for the reminder! Now, I’m gonna make like Mandela and get to organizing. 🙂

  4. reelingintheyears.wordpress.com September 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

    Great quote! And will do.

  5. pegoleg September 21, 2011 at 8:59 am #

    I’ve always had difficulty giving up too-small clothes, as if that were admitting I would never fit into them again. But you’re so right – I need to get rid of the old, excess baggage and make room for the fresh and new (can anyone say life metaphor?)

    • Rayme Wells @ A Clean Surface September 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

      I have heard it said that keeping the too small clothes can actually be an obstacle to losing the weight, for some people. It makes sense if you think about it.
      The poor fit can make people feel bad about themselves, which can lead to overeating for those who respond to emotional stress by eating. On the other hand, new clothes can improve confidence and self-image and lead to positive life changes. People who feel good about themselves are more likely to take good care of themselves.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: